Lawsuit Alleges that Johnny Depp Spends $2 Million a Month
Now the fact that Johnny Depp didn’t want to give Amber Heard her money from the divorce settlement, makes a lot of sense. In the ongoing lawsuit with his ex-business managers, they have now alleged that Depp spends somewhere in the ballpark of $2 million a month on his extravagant lifestyle. This allegation is in response to the fact that Depp sued his former business partners last month for $28 million for the mismanaged of his money. But they allege that he mismanages his own money.
So what exactly is Johnny spending his money on? The list seems too crazy to be true. Here is a rundown from the lawsuit of what he spends his money on:
- Depp allegedly also spent over $18 million on a luxury yacht.
- Maintains 45 “luxury vehicles”.
- He spends about $30,000 a month on “expensive wines that he had flown to him around the world for his personal consumption.”
- The craziest expenditure would be this one: “Depp also paid over $3 million to blast from a specially-made cannon the ashes of author Hunter Thompson over Aspen, Colorado.”
- The lawsuit also says that,”Depp spent in excess of $75 million to acquire, improve and furnish 14 residences, including a 45-acre chateau in the South of France, a chain of islands in the Bahamas, multiple houses in Hollywood, several penthouse lofts in downtown Los Angeles, and a fully-functioning horse farm in Kentucky.”
- Depp has amassed a collection of fine art kept in 12 different storage facilities.
- He also spent $4 million on a failed record company.
If these allegations are true, Depp has super poor money management skills. He makes a ton but it looks like he spends a crazy amount per month. But all that wine? Spending 30k on wine a month is bonkers. I mean, how much does he need to drink a month? It is a surprise that Disney keeps the Pirates franchise going because Depp just seems like a hot mess right now. Well this lawsuit is getting interesting, so it will be interesting to see the end result.